Wednesday, June 19, 2013

6 weeks: First Prenatal Checkup


So, today went for my first prenatal check-up with my fiancé's company at Dr Dolly Wee clinic, Mt.E.

Didn't know that I have to come with full bladder, hence needed to do the scan via vagina.

So here is the photo of the scan outcome:


Was quite excited/relieved to see the baby finally :D

During the scan:
  • Doctor said there is an egg yolk, and baby in in the black hole as shown in photo.
  • Baby is currently 6 weeks and 6 days.
  • Baby is only 7.7mm
  • Managed to hear the heartbeat, which was so cute to hear it. Haha.
  • Expected due date is on 6 February 2014.

After the scan:
  • Clarified some stuff with doctor such as my Thalassaemia history as I am a carrier.  My fiancé was told to go for the blood test to see if he is also a carrier of Thalassaemia. If he also has Thalassaemia, then our baby has high chance of being a Thalassaemia Major which is bad, as that baby won't be able to live for long(approx. up to 10 years of age). If my fiancé is tested negative, means baby has a 50% chance of getting Thalassaemia Minor from me, which is nothing much of an issue to baby's health and growth.
  • Doctor said my ovulation date is late by a week based from my last period. Hence, baby is only 6 weeks 6 days instead of 7 weeks 6 days. Hmm...
  • Anyway, doctor said that upon hearing baby's heartbeat, means only 5% chance of getting miscarriage :) Was quite relieved upon hearing this :D
  • However, doctor also warned me to not take any caffeine stuff such as, coffee, tea, coke, chocolate, etc, as it will increase the risk of being miscarriage! So I got to stop all these!! Was still drinking coke and eating chocolate all these while :/
  • Doctor also said I can still go/recommended for some simple exercise which is good for baby.
  • Doctor also said the expected weight gain for me is 1kg a month :0 (Currently:48kg)
  • Was prescribed with folic acid 5mg and Bcomplex.

So ya. That's about it.

Here is my 6 weeks 6 days baby bump photo : 


My next appointment is in one month's time on 17 July 2013, 11 am :)

No comments:

Post a Comment